Maritime On-Line AIS
Real-Time Vessel Positions within the
Delaware River and Bay
Since its inception, the Maritime Exchange has provided port businesses along the Delaware River with accurate, dependable ship reporting services. The Exchange logs all commercial cargo vessels that transit the Delaware, entering through either the Delaware Capes or the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal (C&D).
The Maritime Exchange Automatic Identification System (AIS) was developed to complement the vessel schedules, cargo manifest data, and advanced arrival/departure information included in Maritime On-Line (MOL). The system displays real-time positions of commercial cargo vessels and tugs/barges transiting the Delaware River and Bay and the C&D Canal through a secure and user-friendly Web site. Information includes real-time position, course, speed, and other relevant data.
Access to AIS data significantly improves vessel and cargo operations as well as dramatically enhances maritime domain awareness. AIS, when used in conjunction with the other MOL modules, provides subscribers with a comprehensive and common picture of Delaware River maritime operations.
- Access to all MOL data (Including TRACS, NOA/D and Ship Reporting modules) via the AIS portal
- Full AIS coverage and easy-to-navigate maps of the Delaware River and Bay and C&D Canal
- Terminal facility locations and anchorages displayed
- Geofence capability for any area on the map
- Vessel identification through rollover mouse display and optional onscreen labels
- Display by vessel type
- Unique shapes to identify vessel types
- Color coding that designates vessel speeds